TB Year 2000 Preparation Archive and Foodgreenspun.com : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) : One Thread
Year 2000 Preparation Archive
Choose the category you are interested in and press Enter. The link will appear in a new page. Close window to return.
- inexpensive salad dressing ci
- Salad dressing is very expensive to buy off the shelf. Here are a couple of recipes that are so delicious and so easy. They can be non fat or fat, depending on the mayonaise you use.
- Good nutrition for good health (info/recipes)
- In any disaster, maintaining good health is essential. I saw this innovative cookbook described in our local paper today. Some good ideas here.
- Tasty, no-bake main course suitable for tough times (Y2k???)
- If you are like me the summer heat is hitting and I try to avoidturning on the stove/oven. Found this recipe, tried it and it was outstanding!!! Had never had anything like it before....makes a simple "light" main course:
- mung beans are wonder food
- wow! check out the nutrition info on mung beans!!! talk about nutritional density!!! 40 grams of protien perserving!!! 400 calories!!! serious survival food here folks!!!
- Help on sprouting in S. Calif.
- My husband uses about a half cup of mung beans to produce 1and half sprouts. He uses a Chinese method to sprout which came out of an oriental cook book.
- Y2Kitchen Newsletter - practical home food prep tips
- you can join this newsletter : Join Y2Kitchen Just send a blank email. It's a great little news letter open to discussion about practical stuff.
- Sprouting Seeds..Which ones do I buy,and how much?
- I've looked at a few websites,and the variety is confusing, as I have never sprouted a sprout.
- A list of good resources on Edible wild plants, mushrooms, and seashore critters
- The following is a list of what I consider to be some of the best books in my personal library (many are on their 2nd or more copy, field use is hard on books....)
- does anyone know of a good mushroom field recognition guides? know
- t's been a while since I've been mushroom picken' and it's good to know what one's eating out there
- Hand wheat grinders and more!
- This information is intended to help people like myself who have been looking for a wheat grinder. I found one in St George UT. at Levitts kitchen supply.
- Parsley--richest vegetable source of iron
- Does anyone know how to make soy milk?
- Does anyone have a good, foolproof recipe for making soymilk?
- Fishing and Y2K
- Need basic fishing instructions.
- Excellent article on Food Supply
- Brian Davey has just released this paper on Y2k and the Food Supply:
- ***Soy answers a lot of questions.
- Here's a small rundown on Soy gleaned from severalbooks on the subject. The Whole Soy Cookbook, The TofuBook, The Miso Book and also the news letter from Soyfoods.com.
- Home-made Mixes No. 2
- More from "Sylvia":
- Home-made Mixes
- Old Git - good recipes - got any more? Got any URLs?
- Good time to get down on coffee.
- Food Consumption
- My current plan is units of 5 people, 365 days..although to be generous, I'm going to prepare for 400.
- ?"food Insurance" for your currently nonbelieving loved ones
- Perhaps, we could "sell" the concept of cheap "what if we are right" food insurance to those we love and expect "for dinner?"
- Bulk buys,,, I want to know more
- After reading the thread below concerning bulk buying of grains, popcorn and beans, I thought I had better look into them and compare what I am paying.
- Consumer Poll: pre-packed food
- Informal poll for all you wunnerful folks: how many of y'all have purchased pre-packaged food storage from places like Walton Feed or Perma Pak?
- Vegetarian food preps
- Any other vegetarians out there? What different items are you storing? Any special food storage recipes? or tips?
- Anybody have recipes for fruit wines?
- I'm interested in learning to make wine from readily available fruits like apples, peaches and some berries.
- Got Dandelions?
- Here's a site with nutritional information about wild edibles. Can you say forage?
- Got vinegar?
- How do you make vinegar? I realize it is cheap in gallon bottles, but if a person ran out is there a recipe? What are the raw ingredients? It's distilled, right?
-- Brian (email@example.com), June 28, 1999