TB Year 2000 Preparation Archive and Community Preparationgreenspun.com : LUSENET : TimeBomb 2000 (Y2000) : One Thread
Year 2000 Preparation Archive
Choose the category you are interested in and press Enter. The link will appear in a new page. Close window to return.
- US regional map with Y2K Community contacts
- Here is an interesting US Gov. site. The regionalmap has links to contacts in different parts of the US. It would be interesting to get more of the community meetings between forum members and the contacts provided on the map.
- Why don't you write a letter
- Since there is a possibility of getting an interesting responce from someone may I suggest writing a letter to the entity you are conserned about.
- Got Y2K Town Meeting experiences?
- For those who have attended or organized town Y2K meetings, I'd be very interested to hear your comments on what worked and what didn't,
- Capers Jones:Contingency Planning for Municipalities
Capers Jones: Contingency Planning for Municipalities
- Residents Hear Tips for Surviving Disasters --- Chicago Tribune
- Another good quote: "They couldn't believe this could happen to them," said French. "But it could happen to them. It could happen to me. It could happen to all of us. We just have to be prepared."
- I need some sense of perspective
- She's all frustrated because she is trying to get the local towns to "act". She's gotten group meetings together on Y2K and they have generally not gone the way she wants them to.
- "Bulk" email experiment in reaching people about Y2K
- Today, I tried something that has been on my mind. I wrote an informational piece (too long, I'm afraid), got a "hotmailaddress", used Yahoo People search (http://people.yahoo.com/) to locate folks in my area.
- community contingency planning: not for the faint of heart
- We all have a well founded sense that no one is in charge of fixing this problem. Because no one is in charge, it does *not* follow that we must look after our own and run away someplace.
- Surviving Disaster - A personal story
- I ran across this fascinating account and thought others might appreciate reading it. If you'd like to know what a "shelter" is like during a disaster, how people responded, etc., I suggest you take the time to read this.
- Schools ready to serve as shelters
- Preparing for the possible havoc computer systems could wreak at midnight New Year's Eve, the Milwaukee Public Schools will be prepared to open many of its schools as emergency shelters if needed, administrators said Wednesday.
- Neighborhood, Grassroots Community Creation & Y2K
- In an effort to provide some more positive Y2K contributions to the forum, Ill be re-focusing part of my energies, not all, on collecting and posting community building Y2K information.
- If you were put incharge of your towns Y2K plans...
- If you were put in charge of your town's contingency plans for minimizing and relieving Y2K disruptions what would you do?
- Public Activism
- Please tell me of successful attempts to get people to gether to prepare for the post Y2K fallout - I don't want to be hiding in my house waiting for it to end. What types of grassroots activity are other people doing? s
- Community Y2K Leaders
- We are addressing the "common" issues of food, heat, water. I would like some input from others in this forum that are involved in thistype of community organizational effort.
- Y2K Community Groups in Major Cities?
- It has occurred to me recently that most of the Y2Kcommunity groups exist in small towns and suburbs, and that there is relatively little activity in the major cities.
- Y2K Community Action Groups with links to Y2K groups around the US
- This site offers links to Y2K Community Action Groups around the US.
- FEMA, Red Cross, Salvation Army
- There is a lot being said about FEMA and their coming to the rescue. I put little credence in FEMA's ability to provide much more than assessments of damage.
- Why so little discussion on Community here?
- I've been following this forum for awhile now. Lot's of valuable stuff. But I hear so little talk about community organizing,
- NEW YORK CITY AUDITS AGENCIES' PREPARATION FOR YEAR 2000 COMPUTER PROBLEM
- Six New York City agencies have begun the process of converting their computer systems to deal with the Year 2000 (Y2K) problem, according to six audits released by Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi.
- What we've done
- I wanted to share what we have done in a small town in Iowa. We have a small group of people, under a dozen.
- Santa Clara County, Calif. Y2K pamphlet
- Here are some steps experts suggest you take to ease problems that may be associated with the Millenium Bug. Follow those that seem most critical to you and your family.
-- Brian (email@example.com), June 15, 1999
-- top (firstname.lastname@example.org), June 16, 1999.