Homegreenspun.com : LUSENET : Year 2000 Preparation Archive : One Thread
- Make yer own tooth powder/toothpaste
- " MAKE YER OWN TOOTH POWDER Thoroughly mix 3 parts baking soda with 1 part salt & funnel the compound into a short small-mouthed container such as a pop or beer bottle.
- any one know how to make lye
- we have this cool recipie book,but it recommends reddevil lye,any one know how to make lye? something about ashes and water, I think, no, I just don't know
- Home-made shampoos, conditioners, rinses, baby shampoo
- Chamomile Shampoo
Make herbal infusion by pouring 4 cups boiling water over 5 tablespoons of chamomile flowers. Cover and steep 30 minutes. Strain and add 4 ounces castile soapflakes. Makes 1 quart of shampoo.
- Recipes for cleansers, cosmetics, toiletries, insecticides, etc.
- Recipes Page 1After-Bath Splash, All-Purpose Cleaner, Bath Oil, Brass and Copper Cleaner, Bubble Bath, Car Wash Concentrate, Christmas Snow, Cockroach Exterminator,
- knife sharpening
- what's the best method? from hilt to tip at 45 degrees or a circular motion? the circular method seems stange to me,but I have some buds that have pretty sharp knifes using it..
- Passive Solar Cooling Systems.
- There is quite alot of information on the Net about solar heating but very little that I can discover about passive solar cooling.
- Pedal-powered washer, butter churn or saw
- . . . Due in part to his unpredictable washing machine, McGeorge set out to design a lower power washing machine.
- Advice needed on housing for recent GI's
- Recently there have been several postings from people dealing with the issue of housing- can they/should they stay where they are now and if not- how can they find someplace else?
- Does anyone want posts about manual skills?
- Does anyone want to see practical information on subjects such as tool sharpening and tempering, soldering (both electronic and plumbing), framing carpentry, roof repair, and the like?
- how to protect some pipes from freezing
- if you have an oil-fired or gas-fired circulating-hot-water heating system, have yourplumber insert antifreeze into the system to prevent the pipes from freezing during power outages.
- How to Find a Dead Rat & other tips. (good)
- More tips from a Bygone Era. (good)
- Our Personal 48-hour 'No Power' Test
- To everyone else, I cannot overstate how important this testing was to us. It clearly demonstrated what we were ready for and more importantly, what we weren't ready for.
- We'll probably be forced from our homes anyway......
- During the recent wildfires and hurricanes that have plagued parts of the country, one thing remained constant. Local and federal officials forced people from their homes.
- Risks and Benefits of Your Current Location
- This post is intended primarily for people that are relatively new to Y2K and are asking themselves "Should I stay put or should I move?"
- buying vs. renting
- I am contemplating purchasing a home about 40 miles outside the city in which I work. I keep debating the own vs. rent over and over in my head. Any suggestions?
- OT: *What is the best storm shelter?*
- My state was hit hard recently by tornadoes. I'm now thinking getting a good shelter.
Year 2000 Preparation Archive
Choose the category you are interested in and press Enter. The link will appear in a new page. Close window to return.
-- Brian (email@example.com), May 25, 1999