5x7 roll film

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Black_and_White_Photography : One Thread

I am an amature photographer and camera collector. I try to use all of the cameras I collect and I now have an old, but in new condition, kodak 5x7 roll film camera. My question is: Where can I get some film? Or can I even get film? mlambdin

-- Anonymous, April 06, 1997


Check out the Brownie Camera Page

Hi Mark,

I have a web site called The Brownie Camera Page which has listings of where to get discontinued film sizes. The address is: http://members.aol.com/Chuck02178/brownie.htm I'm not sure whether that size is available but call Film For Classics at the number on the page.

-- Anonymous, April 07, 1997

Try Kodak for Ariel film for that format. Or try military surplus stores.

-- Anonymous, April 09, 1997

I checked it out further

There seems to be 2 cameras that used that film. One is the Rollholder Kodak from 1898 using #112 rollfilm and the other is the #5 Cartridge Kodak also from 1898 using #115. I know Film for Classics does not make those films. There is another place listed on the Brownie Camera Page that may but I doubt it. I sometimes roll 120 thru these cameras just to get an image even though it's not the correct size. At least it's a way to use the cameras if you have 2 spools. Good Luck!

-- Anonymous, April 11, 1997

Moderation questions? read the FAQ