Communion : LUSENET : A.M.E. Today Discussion : One Thread

In our denomination, who is authorized to administer/give the bread and wine? Is it in our Discipline, if so, where?

-- Anonymous, January 20, 2005


Elders can consecrate and administer the elements of Holy Communion (bread and wine).

Deacons can only administer the elements after they have been consecrated by an Elder.

I will find the page(s) in the Discipline.

An FYI for you up and coming ministers: If no elder is present at your church, you can have another elder at a nearby A.M.E. church consecrate your elements. The Presiding Elder or Bishop can also consecrate the elements, if they are nearby.

-- Anonymous, January 20, 2005

Moderation questions? read the FAQ