marriage blessing : LUSENET : Catholic : One Thread

I am a catholic, and I married a non catholic devorced man and I would like to have our marriage blessed, is this possible.

-- mary (, January 10, 2005


His first marriage will have to be examined by a marriage tribunal, to determine its validity or lack thereof. If the tribunal determines that his first marriage was not valid, for any one of several possible reasons, then he is free to marry you. At that point you could marry him in the Catholic Church. The term "having a marriage blessed" is commonly used to describe such situations, but in fact you would need to marry him validly, since the Church does not view you as currently validly married.

-- Paul M. (, January 10, 2005.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ