Meniscal replacement by allograft : LUSENET : About Joints : One Thread

I am a female 50 years old. Was told to have knee replacement 7 years ago am stuggleing with severe chronic knee pain and want to know if you know any Qualified Orthpedic Surgeons in Maryland who can perform Meniscal replacement by allograft?

-- L. Laun (, April 21, 2004


There are surgeons in Maryland who can perform meniscal allografts. The indications for this procedure are very limited. Generally, you must be under 40 and not have any arthritis. You may be better served with a partial or total knee replacement.

-- Marc Hungerford, M.D. (, May 06, 2004.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ