Leicester Library - methodologygreenspun.com : LUSENET : Monabandi-Bulletin Board : One Thread
-- bandi (firstname.lastname@example.org), January 19, 2004
1) Literature Review: Looking at: -literature/articles published on the provision of library services to distance learners. -studies investigating the use of libraries by distance learners and the attitudes of course providers/librarians.
2) Internet Questionnaire / Survey -to determine whether the services provided were valued by students.
3) Consultation with academic libraries and current researchers in the field to determine the best way to conduct the survey.
4) Practical work: -finding sources, searching, evaluation of sources.
5) Meetings with dissertation supervisor and academic librarians.
6) Visits to the Unit -learning about it, the services it offers, talking to course providers.
-- Emily (email@example.com), January 20, 2004.
>3) Consultation with academic libraries and current researchers in the field to determine the best way to conduct the survey.
I think the above heading is not appropriate. "to determine the best way to conduct the survey" should not be here at all. The proposer (that's us) should have a clear idea on how to conduct the survey.
What about "> Interview with managers of academic libraries providing similar distance learning services."
Typical questions include the types of services provided, the difficulties, and common problems as well as benefits.
-- Bandi (firstname.lastname@example.org), January 22, 2004.