avn talus - know a good doctor

greenspun.com : LUSENET : About Joints : One Thread

Hi I recently have been diagnosed with avn of the talus after trauma surgery (hawkins 4 fracture) i would like to know if anyone knows a really good specialist. I can travel to the US or UK as I live in the Middle East.

-- stefan cudby (stefan@targetvisibility.co.uk), November 03, 2003


Hi Stefan,

I just fractured and dislocated my talus as well. Dr. Borelli of Washington University in St. Louis (Barnes-Jewish Hospital) is an excellent trauma orthopedic. There is also a talented foot and ankle specialist in his group, Dr. Jeffrey E. Johnson.

Hope that helps.

-- Taz (tazzle26@aol.com), January 13, 2004.

Dr. Brian toolan at the University of Chicago is excellent in foot and ankle. Hope that helps, good luck.

-- Julie Maty (ptjam2000@yahoo.com), May 27, 2004.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ