solicitor needed : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

anyone know of a good solicitor in the cardiff area, who knows about right of subrogation and the 12yr limitions connected with mig's

-- keith (, June 14, 2003


This is quite specialised. In all honesty you may be better to approach the CAB.

-- Allye (, June 16, 2003.

Or Ahmed Butt at the Mary Ward Legal Centre.

-- M Amos (, June 17, 2003.

It is a tricky one. The problem is with no legal aid a good solicitor will cost in the region of 120 - 200 per hour. The bank/building society could quite easily make the assumption that if you are able to afford a solicitor you are worth pursuing. On the other hand a solicitor SHOULD be able to give you some professional advice, guidance and draft any court documentation. I personally found this site, the contacts I have here and the CAB excellent. The third option is to secure a fixed fee or free initial consultation with a solicitor. That will give you some information and help you make a decision on whether you can afford a solicitor and whether they have the relevant expertise in this area.

-- Allye (, June 18, 2003.

Allye's last words are particularly valid, I recently had someone tell me that they had checked the 12 year limitation period start point with a solicitor and was told it ran from the date of sale !!! It's very important to find a solicitor who actually knows what he's talking about. Perhaps asking the NAMV or Mary Ward Legal Centre if they know of a solicitor experienced in shortfalls in one's local area might help. Mike Thomas Consultancy has had quite a few successes too, see: 20claims.htm


-- M Amos (, June 19, 2003.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ