information oh how to get insurance if you were born w/CDH and if I can't get in surance can I get disability. : LUSENET : About Joints : One Thread

I'm a 34 year old Female I was born with CDH and need to have THR oh both but I don't have insurace and can not get it. I also believe since I don't have insurace my Doc keeps putting me off. I would also like to know if I should wait longer or go ahead the pain is always there in everything I do. I'd love to have a normal day. Thanks for all the help Rene

-- Rene hiebert (, January 22, 2003


Individuals with CDH often develop degenerative arthritis of the hip at an earlier age and may need THR as young adults.

You should try to discuss your medical needs separate from your insurance coverage issues with your doctor and try to determine what treatment is needed for your medical condition. As a physician I am not able to comment on your eligibility for insurance, but if you are in need of medical treatment you should be able to have this. I would suggest contacting a social worker or someone from the Health Department in your City or State to find out what you can do to get health insurance.

-- Errol Bennett, M.D. (, March 03, 2003.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ