what can I do for arthrofibrosis after 2 years post surgery for total knee replacements

greenspun.com : LUSENET : About Joints : One Thread

Dear Dr. Hungerford,

Is there any help for me with arthrofibrosis of both knees following total knee replacement? I have flexion of about 75 degrees and find it difficult to rise from sitting positions, and use a cane to walk as I am stiff and my balance is not good. This surgery was over 2 years ago. Thank you for your time.

Betty Botts

-- Betty M. Botts (prandb@indra.com), October 20, 2002


Help, I'am in pain, need help.

-- Ruben N. Tripp (rubyb1@swbell.net), December 04, 2002.

Sometimes removal of the scar tissue can help. Sometimes there is a problem with the components themselves which needs to be addressed. Often some improvement is possible but not a return to normal.

-- Marc Hungerford, M.D. (mhunger@jhmi.com), December 23, 2002.

Use an ERMI Knee Flexionater and Knee Extensionater to gain range of motion. They work 90% of the time. 404-687-0505

-- TP Branch (mdsos@mindspring.com), January 29, 2003.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ