what gizmo do you need 4 broadband.....who offers the cheapest access...

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Paler.com discussions : One Thread

i was told you need some kind of gizmo to divide the telephone line...whats it called and were can i get it from...also i was also told i did not need to use an isp .....just a phone number to connect and you just pay a small amount every month as oppposed to aa lot of the isp out there....any help would be great......thanx u 4 listening

kind regards


-- paul weston (cholo222@aol.com), June 06, 2002


Short answer:

You do need an ISP, but don't need someone to install your modem for you (but you will need a BT engineer to test your line).

Using self-install, you need to buy micro-filters, a modem and sign- up to an ISP.

You may like these self-install guides:

-- Michael Bluett (michaelbluett@despammed.com), June 09, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ