How To Kill A Uniongreenspun.com : LUSENET : craft discussion group : One Thread
TEN WAYS TO KILL A UNION:
1. Do not come to Union meetings, but if you do show, come late.
2. If the weather does not suit you, do not come.
3. Do not attend meetings more than once or twice a year, but complain that you are never aware of Union information.
4. If you do attend a meeting find fault with the work of the offices and other members.
5. Never accept an office --- it is easier to criticize than to do things.
6. Get sore if you are you not appointed to a committee, but if you are appointed, do not attend the committee meetings.
7. If asked by the Business Agent to give your opinion on an important matter tell that you nothing to say. After the meeting, tell everyone how things should be done.
8. Do nothing more than is absolutely necessary. When other members roll up their sleeves, willingly and unselfishly, using their ability and time to help matters along, howl that the Union is being run by a clique.
9. If your Local Union is struggling from a financial standpoint be sure and muster all the help you can to vote against a dues increase.
10. Do not bother about new members ---- let the other fellow do it.
-- Ron Oliver (firstname.lastname@example.org), May 25, 2002
everybody should go non-union. the pay is better you dont have to work with a bunch of bitchy winy over payed assholes .plus you work 52 weeks out of the year instead of always wondering when the next lay off is.collecting unemployment or walking a picket line is not the answer to why your not working.
-- goblow yourself (email@example.com), July 01, 2002.
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN..I JUST WANT TO SAY THAT IT IS BECAUSE OF THE UNIONS THAT EVERYONES NON UNION WAGES ARE AS HIGH AS WHAT THEY ARE...WHEN THE UNIONS GO BUST, AND I THINK THEY ARE GOING BUST, EVERYONES WAGES, UNION AND NON UNION, WILL BE 1 OR 2 DOLLARS AN HOUR...GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR JOB AND I THINK EVERYONE SHOULD BE UNION!
-- GLEN (RMNS31@AOL.COM), May 31, 2004.