Here's What Bush Knew~Or didn't consider worth knowinggreenspun.com : LUSENET : Exposing Rightwing Corruption : One Thread
Here's What Bush Knew~Or didn't consider worth knowing by Susan DeSantis May 23, 2002
So let me get this straight.
1. The Bush administration takes office and gives the Taliban $43 million while it's planning to attack them and take over for a planned pipeline.
2. While bin Laden is attacking our Embassies and military installations around the world, his family is contracting to repair the damage and has deep connections to Bush's father.
3. While Bush is telling California they made their own bed and won't talk to state officials, he's talking to Enron in secret meetings, and is planning our energy policy with Cheney.
4. In the meantime Israel (Israeli security issued urgent warning to CIA of large-scale terror attacks,http://www.dailytelegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=%2
Fnews%2F2001%2F09%2F16%2Fwcia16.xml), Germany (Echelon Gave Authorities Warning Of Attacks (http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/170072.html), Russia (The Reconnaissance of Russia Prevented/Warned TSCRcU O TERAKTAKH And It Forecasts the New*, http://izvestia.ru/rubr.cgi?id=5542&idr=523%20), France, Italy (Italy Tells of Threat at Genoa Summit, http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-092701genoa.story), and Egypt (Egypt Leader Says He Warned America, http://globalresearch.ca/articles/LEB112A.html) are all sending warnings to Bush of an imminent and major attack that is reported in the newspapers, but didn't seem to be noticed by Bush or the administration.
5. In July a member of the Intelligence Committee, Diane Feinstein, and her staff are sending urgent warnings to Cheney, and she was talking to the networks. (Statement By U.S. Senator Feinstein - On Concerns Raised About Possible Terrorist Attacks on Our Nation http://www.senate.gov/~feinstein/Releases02/attacks.htm)
6. Bush gets a briefing headed bin Laden determined to strike in US
but thinks it means he'll just hijack airplanes, and I assume hold the people on the plane hostage until we release the Sheik. (Aug. Memo Focused On Attacks in U.S., http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A35744-2002May17.html)
7. The administration seemed to have knowledge of the 150 page Hart-Rudman report that was supported top Republican member of Congress and by Rumsfeld In fact Senator Hart was trying to push the White House to move on it 5 days before the attack to Condalezza Rice who said she would pass on his concerns. (What We Knew: Warning Given...story Missed; How a Report on Terrorism Flew Under the Radar, http://www.cjr.org/year/01/6/evans.asp)
8. No one had envisioned planes as missiles despite the 1999 Library of Congress Report (The Sociology And Psychology Of Terrorism, http://www.loc.gov/rr/frd/Sociology-Psychology%20of%20Terrorism.htm), the 1999 United Sates Commission on National Security Report, the Filipino Police warning in 1995, the Youssaf trial, Gore's 1997 Report on Terrorism (White House Commission on Aviation Safety and Security, February 12, 1997, http://www.fas.org/irp/threat/212fin~1.html), the Genoa Summit warning, a plane that flew into the White House in 1994, and the Pentagon MASCAL simulation of plane crashes in December 2000 (Contingency planning Pentagon MASCAL exercise simulates scenarios in preparing for emergencies, http://www.mdw.army.mil/news/Contingency_Planning.html)
9. Also in light of all the above the FBI didn't inform anyone of two separate warnings from field agents in Phoenix and Minnesota. (Unheeded Warnings, http://www.msnbc.com/news/751100.asp)
10. The FBI picked up Moussaoui, but for some reason they just happened to be denied a warrant to go through his belongings.
11. The FAA knew about Moussaoui and didn't bother to warn airlines. (FAA knew of Moussaoui arrest, http://www.msnbc.com/news/751100.asp)
12. If Bush had any idea that planes would have been used as missiles he would have put out an alert and moved heaven and earth to stop it. (Which of course means that alerting anyone for something as silly as taking hostages wouldn't be necessary).
13. Yet they were on high alert until a week or two before 9/11. Ashcroft was instructed not to fly commercial planes. (Ashcroft Flying High, http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2001/07/26/national/main303601.shtml)
14. They were on alert from June and happened to stand down a week or two before 9/11, yet four hijacked planes were off course and in the air for an hour before anyone had a clue.
15. At the same time, for some as yet unexplained reason, they happened to be planning an attack to "wipe al Qaida off the face of the earth," which was all wrapped up and ready for the pen two days before 9/11. (U.S. planned for attack on al-Qaida, http://www.msnbc.com/news/753359.asp)
16. Bush ignores all reports and decides to appoint Cheney to head it's own committee on terrorism to be headed by VP Dick Cheney. Cheney didn't have any meetings on terrorism during the eight months and suddenly a week before 9/11 Bush appoints someone else to head terrorism.
17. And in the midst of 9/11 someone happens to be running around with the US Military's anthrax sending it off in envelopes to democratic leaders. (George Monbiot: Riddle of the spores, http://www.guardian.co.uk/anthrax/story/0,1520,719367,00.html)
18. US agents are told to back off bin Laden. (US agents told: Back off bin Ladens, http://old.smh.com.au/news/0111/07/world/world100.html)
19. Bush personally asked Daschle not to probe into 9/11, and Cheney asked several times not to look to deeply. (Bush asks Daschle to limit Sept. 11 probes, http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/01/29/inv.terror.probe/)
Surely we shouldn't investigate the Bush administration! How dare anyone unpatriotically question an administration that is above reproach! Yes, by all means let us investigate Clinton. What the hell was he doing all those years while the Republicans and media was screaming "Wag the Dog"? ..... dripping with sarcasm.....
* * *
What We Knew: Warning Given...story Missed; How a Report on Terrorism Flew Under the Radar
Clinton Proposes Anti-Terrorism Package http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/clinton_terrorists990122.html
President wants Senate to hurry with new laws - July 30, 1996 http://www.cnn.com/US/9607/30/clinton.terrorism/
Terrorism and Response
The Sociology And Psychology Of Terrorism
White House Commission on Aviation Safety and Security, February 12, 1997 http://www.fas.org/irp/threat/212fin~1.html
* * *
[*Russian Newspaper headline translated with Altavista's Babelfish]
-- Cherri (email@example.com), May 25, 2002