Eversheds, what to do next

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

House repossed in 1992. Joint mortgae husband bankrupt 1992. No contact from Abbey nat until 1996. Chasing me for 46,000 shortfall( although I have had no sight of any official documents to prove this figure)Accepted 30.00 per month. Now incresaed to 50.00. Ihave no income apart from 105.00 child allowance. No bank account, no mortgate and no savings. They want me to fill in I & E form even though I have witten and told them above.They have reduced liabilty to 17500, a figure which is totally beyond my wildest dreams of ever being able to pay. I have no idea what to do next. Please help

-- jane lesley (woodpecker.house@virgin.net), May 20, 2002


The Repossession section of this site - see left - sets ou in fine detail what you could do next. Make sure you read all of the "Do's and Don'ts" pages that are in that section.


-- Lee (repossession@home-repo.org), May 20, 2002.

If what you say about your income is correct, surely they're already taking too much? I'd go and talk to the Citizens Advice Bureau - you should get your monthly payments cut and a letter from them might persuade Eversheds not to contact you again. And once you get to 12 years after the sale they can't chase you any more. Best of luck,

-- Melody (mbc109@york.ac.uk), May 20, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ