candlesgreenspun.com : LUSENET : Cooking & Crafts : One Thread
I have a 3" x 6" candle. The directions said to trim the wick to 1/4" before each lighting. I did before I burned it the first time and now the candle won't stay lit for any length of time. Does anyone have an idea on how to keep my candle burning?
-- kathy rippey (firstname.lastname@example.org), May 05, 2002
could be the wick isnt the correct size for the candle,, could be you trimmed it too short,, try cutting away some of the wax, so it doesnt "pool" up around the wick. What kind of wax? ALso, check the wick for a shiny thread in there, if so, dont use it,, the thread is lead,, to control teh burn rate,, high level of lead in houses has been reportd from people burning dollar store candles
-- Stan (email@example.com), May 06, 2002.