Kodak dental film clips-source?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

Years ago I purchased some Kodak dental film clips. Each was an inch long and about 3/8" wide, and they had little saw teeth to grip the film. They are perfect for hanging 4X5 film to dry.. I have two dozen but I need more. Anyone know if they are still made?....and if they are still available...a source and good price? Thanks in advance for any help. Richard Boulware - Denver.

-- Richard Boulware (boulware-den@att.net), April 22, 2002


P.S. Forgot to mention they are spring loaded and stainless steel.

-- Richard Boulware (boulware-den@att.net), April 22, 2002.

Richard, look in the yellow pages under dental supplies. There is a Patterson Dental Supply Outlet in the Denver area. If they don't stock them, they may be able to order them, or tell you where they are available.

-- Eugene (TIAGEM@aol.com), April 22, 2002.

Anyone find a clip that can hold prints without marking them?

-- Andrew Held (Heldarc@yahoo.com), April 22, 2002.

You can find some of this clips in www.henryschein.com (an american dental supplier, also in europe). Usually this clips hold the film in a minimum area, designed for smallest dental x-ray films. Available with long or short arm.

Stailess steel, spring loaded. Long, item no.100-7570, 8,71EUR each one, short ones item no. 100-0921, at 28,55EUR/dozen (plus VAT).

Hope this helps,

-- jose angel (acquatek@teleline.es), April 22, 2002.

Oooops, the other ones are made in plastic or policarbonate, saw type, that also let the film twist when it dryes...

Henry Schein brand, plastic, no.100-0678 at 10,19EUR/3 units.

-- jose angel (acquatek@teleline.es), April 22, 2002.

The BETTER Kodak clips were Kodak Film Clips, 149-2594. Same general description, incl. the little saw teeth, but the size was 3/16x1".

They came 10 to a box. And they ARE perfect. They have a hole in one end only. In one catalog, they were described as "Designed for attachment to hanger frames in custombuilt sheet film processing equipment".

I thought the dental clips were attached to a rod.

They may be the same. Anyway, now you've got ANOTHER description to look for.

-- Alec (alecj@bellsouth.net), April 22, 2002.

Well, I can do better than that. They can be found at: http://kodak3.ircsf.com/mainshopping.cfm?icg_id=258&Show=PURCHASE I haven't exactly figured out what that site is yet. Anyway, at that site, you can buy a box of 10 Kodak Color Film Clips [I just looked and one of my boxes says Color Film Clips] with the same Kodak number I posted earlier, for ONLY $31.95! At that price, I'm just glad I've got my set of 40 cause I sure can't afford any more.

-- Alec (alecj@bellsouth.net), April 22, 2002.

Last time - I promise. Found your dental clips. Their number is 149 2586. They are furnished in sets of 12, for about $64 CAD. Here's the source:

http://www.ashtemple.com/ash/product.asp?dept%5Fid=46&pf% 5Fid=1417550012

Makes my Color clips look right cheap!

-- Alec (alecj@bellsouth.net), April 22, 2002.

Try calling Photos, Inc. in Minneapolis at 612 371 0140. I saw a yellow card of them with 6 shrinkwrapped clips for about $2-4 some weeks ago. Photos. Inc is a pro lab and these clips were near the film for sale cabinet. I love them and have tossed away all my wooden or plastic clothes pins.

-- David Goldes (david_goldes@mcad.edu), April 23, 2002.

I use plastic clips. They cost about 50 cents each and I just buy them by the handfull at Service Photo in Baltimore so I can't recall the name (Gorilla? maybe). They are usefull for paper and film. My darkroom is a small bathroom and these clips are designed in a way that I can hang 4 sheets of paper from one showercutain ring without them touching each other. I can hang 28 8x10's from a standard shower rod using these clips. They don't mark film sheets

-- jeff schraeder (jeff@circlesofclarity.com), April 27, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ