Self-adhesive tape with metric markings? : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

Have been trying to find an l-square (i.e. a framing square) with metric measurements on it. Of course, being in the US, I've found this an impossible thing to find. In lieu of that, anyone know where I can get some sort of self-adhesive tape with metric markings on it that I could stick onto a "regular" square (i.e one with inches on it)? Before anyone says "Make it yourself with pen and some duct tape", this is for something that requires a bit more precision.... Matthew

-- Matthew Cordery (, March 25, 2002




They have a variety of adhesive-backed rules. They may even have L- squares with metric. Depending on the size you are looking for, you will find some machinist's L-squares that are metric out there.


-- Michael Mutmansky (, March 25, 2002.

I use this very product. Try # 24LR "Table Measure Tapes" from They have them that go left to right or right to left. They also stock Fairgate aluminum rulers in metric and problably Ls as well. Southstar is a sewing supply house.

-- Richard Stum (, March 25, 2002.

I've got a seamstress's tape with inch markings on one side and English and metric on the other. I think I paid a whole $0.99 for it at WalMart (in the sewing/crafts section). It's not self-adhesive, but would be easy enough to glue or tape down.


-- Dave Willis (, March 26, 2002.

Thanks Richard! That was just the ticket. They had exactly what I needed.

-- Matthew Cordery (, March 26, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ