Polaroid Pack Film bar/cube to PC conversion?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

I own a couple of non-folding Polaroid 8 series cameras. they take type 88/87 film (same emultion base as 669), and are a snazzy retro way of taking photos. the only problem i have is wanting to take photos in low light conditions thus the need to use electronic flash. SX-70 to PC conversions have been made. I'm wondering if someone has figured out how to fire an electronic flash via the flash cube slot.

if it's a dumb question, say so... but i'm sure that if the connection is electronic, it's possible.



-- Tai Thittichai (tai@thittichai.com), January 09, 2002


Hey, I don't know the answer...but try out this website, it's called The Land List, and pretty much covers collecting, using & modifying about every polaroid model....


hope this helps.

-- DK Thompson (kthompson@moh.dcr.state.nc.us), January 09, 2002.

I don't know about the Polaroid 8, but the SX-70 does have an accessory flash called the Polatronic 2350 whose connector fits directly in the slot for flash cubes. They're sold all the time on e-bay which is where I got mine.

This isn't a very powerful flash, but you could use it to set off the slave of a more powerful strobe. Hope this helps.

-- Jonathan Brewer (lifestories@earthlink.net), January 09, 2002.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ