fresnel for shen-hao? : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

Hi everyone,

I just got a new shen-hao 4x5 camera. very nice machine, although the finish of the metal parts is so-so. Camera is solid and good, as been metioned several times here so I don't want to repeat it.

Does someone know if I can fit it with a fresnel screen, and where to get one ?


-- Hagai Kaufman (, November 03, 2001


The Maxwell screen is marvelous. I got the tip from reading the threads on this forum. You can reach Bill Maxwell at 404 244-0095. He'll be able to help you figure out if it will fit. Good luck.

-- Tom Perkins (, November 03, 2001.


You can get a Beattie Intenscreen Plus for almost any camera.

-- Ken Burns (, November 03, 2001.

I've been pretty pleased with the Shen Hao without a fresnel, but I've thought of adding one too. I am considering buying a flexible page magnifier from Edmund Scientific and cutting out the middle. Not as nifty as some of the other options, but very cheap and may be quite functional. I plan on testing it before shooting anything important.


-- Dave Willis (, November 03, 2001.

I also have a shen -hao camera and i bought a used frenel screen from a local photo shop. It works very well. All you need to do is to put on the outside of the Ground Glass next to where you look at on the glass. My pictures are very sharp. As Dave Willis suggested, you can purchase a fresnel screen from Edmund Scientific. (Buy one that is 1/16 th of an inch thick.) Hope this helps. Mo Kenny

-- Mo Kenny (, November 03, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ