Heterotrophic ossification

greenspun.com : LUSENET : About Joints : One Thread

what are the options for a 25yr. old gentleman, that suffers from heterotrophic ossification, If any.

-- robert j. williams (lo149@hotmail.com), September 27, 2001


Response to heterotrophic ossification

Heterotrophic ossification can occur as a result of trauma or following surgery. This can be removed in some cases. x-rays need to be reviewed and a medical history considered in order to determine if this is a possibility for you. There are regimens prescribed postoperatively in order to prevent a reoccurence of the H.O.

-- Dotsie Czajkowski RNFA (hkhanuj@jhmi.edu), October 09, 2001.

My son has h o also.The only options the dr. has given him is exercising thejoints and medication. I would be interested in any information you may have or any options you receive. Pat

-- pat cox (owensby2@aol.com), September 25, 2002.

I will be receiving radiation following a 4th re-do of a total hip replacement due to scar tissue. It is myunderstanding that radiation can significantly reduce the risk of H. O.

-- Sarah S. (Reindeer12@aol.com), September 29, 2002.

I am 40 years old and was in an MVA aug. 03,2002. I am suffering from ho and would like to know my options. Also I would like a second opinion. My doctor now says that I may be looking at hip replacement. My next appointment with him is in june. I stil exercise even though he said I could stop with the physical therapy. I also would like to know if ther is a possibilty of my ever getting back on the ambulance as a EMT.

-- elizabeth gwenevere phillips (peapod2220022000@yahoo.com), February 25, 2003.

I am sorry but I can not respond to your question. I am survived a mva and am suffering from HO also. I have very large deposits in my right shoulder and thigh and left arm and left knee. I can not endure the pain anymore. Someone help me please!

-- Laura Herald (lrherald@wmconnect.com), October 20, 2004.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ