Which enlarger bulb

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

Just out of curiosity, why is it that my LPL 7451 enlarger uses a 200W bulb, but the 7452 uses a 250W? I understand that they are one in the same enlarger apart from baseboard size and distance from column to chassis(?) Could my enlarger use the 250W bulb? Thanks Paul

-- paul owen (paulowen_2000@yahoo.com), August 17, 2001


In the US these are called the Saunders 4500-II and the 4550XLG. From the Saunders website: "4550XLG Enlargers have a higher-power light source (with higher-performance cooling system to match), for faster printing." So it sounds like the 250w bulb would generate too much heat. Too bad, because the only complaint I have with mine is the l-o- n-g exposure times.

-- Tom Raymondson (rayson@pacific.net), August 17, 2001.

Hi Paul

I taked to a elictricity ing. and he told me no problem with 250 watt so I allready buyed one but I still have the 200 in because she still works. But my next bulb will be a 250 watt in my LPL 7451 and I`m quite sure it works. More light to LPLs ;-)

-- Armin Seeholzer (armin.seeholzer@smile.ch), August 18, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ