Damping material

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Canon FD : One Thread


I have an old Canon FTb. There is some sort of damping material above the mirror on which the mirror will land during the exposure. This material has been damaged and I am going to replace it with a new one. Do you know how I should proceed? would you please advise me on this!

My best Regards,


-- Pirooz Chehrenegar (pirooz@hotmail.com), August 07, 2001


Go to eBay and do a search for "light seals". You will see a kit that is sold by raven571. You can replace mirror impact foam, seals, etc. with this kit. I bought one and did the mirror foam on my F1N and it was very easy.


-- Roger Clark (rclark@dbt.net), August 28, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ