Kiara Trail updategreenspun.com : LUSENET : Mountain Bike Hash Forum : One Thread
Went for a ride in Bukit Kiara last Saturday. Some updates on the state of some of the trails:
1. Bebola Rosak: encountered some workers doing a soil sample test on Bebola Rosak, beneath the high-tension cable pylon. They had dragged a rig on skids through part of the trail, so the section where you have to shimmy between 2 trees is no more. They've also blazed a new trail on the right hand side of the hill. It's an interesting ride. Ride it before condo works begin. Right at the top of the hill, there is a grove of young Tembusu trees that's quiet unusual.
2. Tree down on Switchbacks. (This is the uphill at the very end of Mondo Cool valley which leads back up to Twin Peaks.)
3. Banana Ridge is rideable downhill, but with severe erosion: rooty and exposed rocks. You'll have to cycle through the construction site, though.
4. Boner: saw a trail that led off to the right as you descend Boner: anybody knows if it leads anywhere?
5. Granny's Kiss (Conrad's name for the 2k loop) claimed another victim when one rider came back looking like he'd just had 3 rounds with Mike Tyson. Be careful!
-- Joe Adnan (firstname.lastname@example.org), August 05, 2001
Mann Kiara trail looks so much better fom the time i last rode, ages ago, do you'll think it still would be in tht good condition in december? -johnny-
-- Johnny (email@example.com), August 13, 2001.
The trails will usually be a bit wet in December, but that does not mean that they will not be rideable. Look forward to riding with you when you come back. When was the last time you rode in Kiara? In early to mid last year, Pat built a new trail linking the top of two hills, so that you don't have to risk life and limb by going down Mondo Cool each time you rode there. Unfortunately, there has also been some condo developments at the fringes of BK, so some of the trails have been obliterated.
-- Joe Adnan (firstname.lastname@example.org), August 14, 2001.