printing from old negatives to glass : LUSENET : B&W Photo: Alternative Process : One Thread

I attended an art show in Denver yesterday and saw that an artist had printed old photographs on glass. The only thing I inherited from my father was my grandfather's negatives. They are 5 in by 6 in and I would love to display them this way.

Does anyone know how this was done or could be done? Can I do it myself?



-- Carol Locke (, July 07, 2001


Well you dont mention your level of experience, if you have a darkroom, are you an experienced printer? Anyhow, you can get liquid emulsions and coat the glass, then it would be a matter of enlarging the negative onto the glass, of course you would need an enlarger that has a 5x6 neg carrier. From your question I suspect you would be better off paying someone to do it. Good luck!

-- Jorge Gasteazoro (, July 10, 2001.

You could also contact them and then mount them in an 11x14 matt in an artful way. Just another thought. Cheers

-- Scott Walton (, July 14, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ