Bellows transplant : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

First of all, thank you for the information supplied in this forum. I was used to shoot with my beloved Rolleis, but felt in love with the large format in my quest for quality. Here in Brazil, large equipment is scarce but somehow I ended up buying an used Linhof Technica, that I supose is a Model III. My problem is that the ex-owner used a bellow so large, maybe for macro work, that the camera is not able to close. This is a problem for me because I plan to travel with the camera. The easy solution for me could be to transplant the bellows of a old inoperative Graflex Press Camera to the Linhof. Is it possible? The sizes will match? Thank you very much in advance.

-- Rodrigo Tostes Malta (, July 03, 2001


Hi Rodrigo, I cannot answer your question directly, but should you have to consider new bellows then I can put you in touch with a firm in the UK who will make them up and mail them to you.


-- Clive Kenyon (, July 03, 2001.

Yes, contact the people in the UK at They are very good, fast and you get a bellows that works as a true replacement. They are about $130. USD.

-- Scott Walton (, July 05, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ