What's your favorite way to spend a Saturday?greenspun.com : LUSENET : Novenotes : One Thread
What's your favorite way to spend a Saturday?--Al
-- Al Schroeder (email@example.com), June 23, 2001
A day filled with yoga, science fiction reading, some outdoor hiking or horseback riding, followed by some ethnic dining with my husband.
-- AJ (firstname.lastname@example.org), June 24, 2001.
Sitting out on the back deck in the sun, reading a good book. Planning a family barbeque for the evening. Gardening, and going camping in the 5th wheel is also high on the list.
-- Planet Earth (email@example.com), June 24, 2001.
Well, first of all, I work Saturdays, so this is actually my 'favorite way to spend a Wednesday'.
Secondly, it is dependent on it NOT being too darn hot.
1) Sleep in luxuriantly until my night-working husband starts to wake up, at which point much snuggling ensues.
2) Eat lunch together and read while doing the laundry at the laundromat (the laundry must go *smooooooooothly*).
3) Put away the laundry while listening to an audiobook.
4) Have a nap (can we tell I'm in sleep deficit right now yet?)
5) Get dropped off downtown by my going-to-work husband; go to the library or an author reading or a concert or the bakery or just wander around in my favorite shops, probably not buying anything, or at most spending less than 20 bucks.
6) Walk home and stop for supper at the cafe-inside-a-Victorian-house a couple blocks from my house
7) Check my email and journals and chat with my husband online.
8) Cross-stitch and either listen to an audiobook or watch a movie.
9) Read a couple chapters in whatever book I am currently reading (right now it's _The Fresco_ by Sheri Tepper but I will probably finish that before Wednesday) and then fall asleep just as my husband gets home at 11:45, so that he can tuck me in.
-- Marianne (firstname.lastname@example.org), June 26, 2001.
Being retired for some time, Saturday is still being used as a catch all for things we didn't have time for in the weekdays. Especially with people who do work during the week. Sleeping in a bit longer, and catching up on e-mail.
-- Denver doug (email@example.com), July 07, 2001.
Going to a movie, taking a nice hot bubble bath, talking on the phone, or being in my nice, clean room, or spending time with my family.
-- Misty Armella (Cankergirl43221@hotmail.com), December 11, 2001.
the way i spend it is to listen to a repeat of my fav michael jackson songs all through the day if my mom won't throw a fit!
-- mahmoona begum (firstname.lastname@example.org), August 08, 2003.