Contact prints made on paper developed only by Florescent light? : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

I have recently learned that a paper exists where an 8x10 contact print can be developed by being left under a several florescent bulbs for 3 to 4 minutes. What kind of paper is this and where can it be purchased? Obviously, the print will continue to be exposed as one views it in light, how would you keep it from developing furthur?

-- Amie Lynn (, June 17, 2001


Amie, Sounds like you're talking about Printing-Out paper. It is not sensitive to fluorescent, just to daylight and sunlamps. It produces an image without developer. You just expose and the color changes to create a contact print image or photogram. It's really cool. You can tone and fix it to make it permanent, which changes the red color to something else. Buy it from Chicago Albumen Works in Housatonic, Mass. Sorry I can't find the phone number right now.

-- Sandy Sorlien (, June 17, 2001.

Buy CAW's Centennial POP from Bostick & Sullivan.

-- Chad Jarvis (, June 18, 2001.


Bostick & Sullivan.

-- Chad Jarvis (, June 18, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ