How do I serve a SARN? : LUSENET : Repossession : One Thread

I've no idea how to serve a SARN. I've read as many of the questions and answers about them but can't find anything to tell me how to initiate one. Do I just write a letter and enclose 10? If so, who do I write to, the solicitors or the building society? Or am I just being thick?!!

-- Trish Urmston (, May 02, 2001


Go to the 'Repossesion part of this site (link on the left). Select Do's and Dont's Scroll down to 'After they contact you........' Select item 2 in this list and you should have all you need.

-- Matt (, May 03, 2001.

Yes, check out the do's and don'ts...

Send an SARN to the building Society AND whoever they are using to chase you for a shortfall.

You're not being thick...this is all a big headache but if you hang in there it will all start to make sense. There are plenty of people around on this site who will help.


-- (, May 04, 2001.

Absolutely right - you're not being thick, it's a steep learning curve. Luckily this site has masses of stuff on SARNs (how to serve them, how to read the results). Use the advice above, and the site's search engine.

I would also suggest that when serving a SARN you send it Recorded Delivery and enclose the 10 in the form of a postal order. This means that everything is traceable by you. All best,

-- Eleanor Scott (, May 05, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ