Speed graphic film back 120

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

I would like to know how to mount the 120 film back on a speed graphic 4x5 camera.

-- Alan Zolman (adz@icehouse.net), May 01, 2001


Alan: You don't say what kind of back (important) and you don't indicate if your Graphic has a graflok back, also necessary information. If the Graphic doesn't have a graflok back, then you will need a non-Graflok roll film back and you'll have to see if it fits between the ground glass carrier and the back of the camera. It may or may not fit, depending on what it is, and how far out the springs on the camera back have to go. If you have a graflok back on your camera, and a graflok-compatible roll film back, you remove the ground glass and frame from the camera by pushed down on the ribbed portion of the chromed arms that hold it on. While pushing both these in, gently slide it to the right (viewed from the back) and it will come off. Those two metal slotted pieces which remain on the back of the camera after you take off the ground glass slide into the opening to hold the roll film back if it's graflok compatible. Move them out of the way, put the back on the camera, and move the two together to hold it on.

-- Kevin Crisp (KRCrisp@aol.com), May 01, 2001.

Kevin Crisp This is the information on the rollback: "22" Graphic 120 roll holder. Graflex 4x5graphic. My cmaera is a Crown Speed Graphic Pacemaker. Not sure what kind of back it has. Thanks for your help. Alan

-- Alan Zolman (adz@icehouse.net), May 01, 2001.

Here's how to tell: http://graflex.org/speed-graphic/features.html#GraflokBack

-- Alec (alecj@bellsouth.net), May 01, 2001.

Thanks for all your help. Deeply appreciated...adz

-- Alan Zolman (adz@icehouse.net), May 01, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ