florida support for men falsely accused

greenspun.com : LUSENET : domestic violence : One Thread

I'm looking for any one that has been falsely arrested or charged with a crime of domestic injunction violation. Where either the police failed to investigate as per Fla laws, the States rush to prosecute or the courts failure to insure due process rights. I am planing to take this information to the Senate. I have already spoken to Senators as well as the Governors office about these problems and have documented it for the last 5 years.

-- Anonymous, April 27, 2001


I live in Ohio but I know how you feel. I was arrested and charged with D.V.,after I was assaulted by my ex-wife.She told the police I hit her.She had no marks on her, I did.I did eventually win my trial though.The prosecutor in the case, tried to withold key evidence that sealed my case.The arresting officer testified in court,that he was not qualified to do an investigation,which also helped.Yet I still lost a $50,000 a year job and spent $10,000 in atty.fees.Where is the justice in that?

-- Anonymous, March 22, 2002

You can contact me at the email address and if I feel comfortable with you, then I might send you the information that you might need.

-- Anonymous, October 06, 2002

We need to help each other. I have been falsely accused of DV. I will give you the details when we speak on the phone. I live in Orlando, Fl and the system (Judge, State Attorney, Cops and my kids School) have been treating me like a criminal although I did nothing. I want to help and perhaps since I am retired and I have plenty of time, start a non-profit to support men who have been falsely accused. I also want to try to get the voice heard up in Congress and State legislation so that we can get improvements to this family law that are very biased.

-- Anonymous, October 16, 2002

My husband was a police lieutenant who was falsely accused of committing domestic violence against his ex-wife. Because of such allegations, he lost his career (of 15 years) as a police officer. I spent the last four years writing Representatives, Senators and even Governor Bush regarding his situation and got no where. Even with the amount of evidence we had against his ex-wife, no one seemed to care. I lost all respect for politicans after that.

-- Anonymous, October 30, 2002

I live in Ohio and have been wrongly accused of domestic violence by my Thai wife who wants her green card. What can I do?

-- Anonymous, January 07, 2003

Moderation questions? read the FAQ