Japanese Bath Water Heater

greenspun.com : LUSENET : The Plumb Truth : One Thread

Is it possible to obtain equipment necessary for a traditional Japanese bath in California? Specifically, a gas-fired recirculating water heater (similar to swimming pool heater in concept) is required to heat tepid water to desired tempurature range and maintain that temperature. In Japan, exterior wall mounted heaters similar in size and capacity to the Rinnai Continuum 2424 are used. However, Rinnai does not import from Japan a recirculating version due to the lack of U.S. demand.

-- Curtis Herron (cherronj@twics.com), March 20, 2001


Curtis This is a very good question. I recommend that you contact a manufacturer that we currently support. The name of the manufacturer I have in mind is Takagi Industrial, they are located in Irvine, CA. - phone number is 888-882-5244. Talk to Carlos Morales. I am sure he can give you some good suggestions. Takagi can also be reached via email - takagi@takagi-usa.com. Thanks

-- Daniel Grimm (dagrimm@hirsch.com), March 21, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ