Filter size for Turner Reich 12" Convertible Lens : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

Can someone tell me the filter size for a Turner Reich 12" convertible lens? I've looked through the archives, and have not seen this addressed before. Thanks.

-- Don Cassling (, March 08, 2001


On the front of the lens, you will notice it is engraved, "Series II". That's the filter size in the old slip-on system. I haven't pursued finding the appropriate size slip-on ring and filter, but instead use a 67 or larger filter with the appropriate step-down ring attached to several "stacked" filters - with the glass removed from them making a sort of slip on barrel.

S. K. Grimes will make a filter adapter ring for you. He's here:

-- Sean yates (, March 08, 2001.

Peruse this thread:

-- Sean yates (, March 08, 2001.

I was able to find a hard lens hood that slipped over the barrel of the lens, after applying a couple layers of tape to the inside of the hood it fits snug. I then found a 67mm adapter ring that fit over the threaded part of the hood. By gluing them together I can utilize my 67mm filters on the lens. It cost less than $10.00 for the two pieces and a little time. The "adapter" fits on both the front and rear maiking it useful for use behind the lens when the lens is converted.

-- Marv (, March 08, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ