wynch machine

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Junkyard Wars : One Thread

How about this, a machine that uses a anchor of some sort attached to a rope that is shot out in front of the machine and then wynched back up. The repetition of shooting the anchor and wynching it back up is how it moves forward. It of course has wheels, but they aren't attached to any motor. Also the wynch may or may not be attached to a motor. The team wins when they get their Wynch machine across the finish line.

-- Andrew Churchill (Gremlin_guy@hotmail.com), January 31, 2001


On boats, this is called "kedging", and is used to get off the bottom when you run aground. The anchor is carried out by hand or in a small boat, rather than shooting it out though. Did you get this idea from seeing the British amfib climb out of the lake that way?

-- Waddy Thompson (cthomp3851@aol.com), February 01, 2001.

NO actually I just had some time so I sat down and tried to come up with an Idea, the wynch machine being the result.

-- Andrew Churchill (gremlim_guy@hotmail.com), February 01, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ