New Challenges for the 01-02 seasongreenspun.com : LUSENET : Junkyard Wars : One Thread
Some ideas for new challenges:
1. Hot air or Stirling engine, powered by a producer supplied heat source. The most powerful or economical engine wins.
2. Rotary winged flight. This would probably end up being an autogyro, unless one of the teams was realy switched on (IE the NERDS or CHAOS CREW from the UK versions), in which case a small helicopter might get built.
3. Flapping winged flight with an orniothopter.
4. Floating "drydock". Whichever team lifts/salvages the sinking boat first, wins.
5. One season ended with a car crusher, so why not have a device which pulls cars to pieces (without cutting...)
6. Redo the fuel economy challenge. Let's see how the US teams approach this.
The great thing about this show is the testament to human creativity. Even teams which do not have great building skills come up with some pretty amazing stuff. The fact that it works (sort of) makes it even better!
-- Arthur Majoor (firstname.lastname@example.org), January 22, 2001
make a wind powered desert racer that might not be the technical term but it has three wheels and on a one sail
-- tyler hearn (lulu email@example.com), January 22, 2001.
You missed that episode Tyler? It was good. Waddy, "Wreckspert" for the "Rusty J's"
-- Waddy Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org), January 22, 2001.
Have sailBOATs been done yet?
-- Rita Hill (email@example.com), January 24, 2001.