Does one need an xs70 camera : LUSENET : polaroid transfers : One Thread

I saw this art form for the first time on CBS Sunday. I am fascinated and definitely a neophyte. I called my local camera shop and they were not sure if I need the camera or just the xs70 film. Any advice on how to start this work would be very welcome

-- Diane Dorman (, January 19, 2001


You need sx-70 (time zero) film and the way to expose it:

-- Marek Uliasz (, January 20, 2001.

The camera conversion kit as well as how-to video on SX-70 are available online at . Comes with a tool and travelling warmer box too, which are handy. Otherwise you can block the light sensor of the 600 series camera with a small piece of2 stop ND (neutral density) filter. Then you can kind of "shoe horn" the SX-70 film in with a piece of flexible cardbord or plstic - like the dark slide that pops out when you put in a new pack of film.

-- Joan Emm (, January 20, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ