Lens Repair

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

I just bought an old Calumet camera that has a Schneider-Kreuznach lens and shutter leaves are dragging a bit.

I was wondering if anyone knew where lenses can be cleaned/repaired?


Russell Graves

-- Russell Graves (russell@russellgraves.com), November 16, 2000


Any competent camera repair person should be able to do a CLA (clean, lube, adjust) or repair on a relatively modern between-the-lens shutter, such as a Copal or Compur. They should be able to estimate the repair involved and if the shutter is in very bad condition advise whether buying a new one would make better sense.

If you don't want to take the lens and shutter to a local repair person, SK Grimes does good work: http://www.skgrimes.com/index.htm. Schneider USA will do repairs: http://www.schneideroptics.com/repair/service.htm I think Calumet has a repair service too.

-- Michael Briggs (michaelbriggs@earthlink.net), November 17, 2000.

I like Peachtree Camera and Video Repair in Atlanta.

-- David Stein (DFStein@aol.com), November 17, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ