Best cloth tape for 4x5 film holders : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

What's the best type of black cloth tape one would use to create a hinged flange on a 4x5 film holder? Thanks.

-- Ted Davis (, November 05, 2000


Never mind, found a couple of old threads on the subject.

-- Ted Davis (, November 05, 2000.

Ted, I probably posted one of the questions to which you've refered. I bought a roll of gaffer's tape for about $8.00. It seems to be working fine, although the small bit of exposed tape between the flap and the holder occationally catches on the film when I'm loading. Not a big deal. I put the gaffer's tape on stick proof paper (like wax paper) and used the old tape as a template to cut the new tape.

-- Roger Rouch (, November 05, 2000.

Scotch Cloth cat.#127. Pat

-- pat krentz (, November 06, 2000.

I was searching for something else, but ran across a listing on the Calumet website for the "offical" tape made by Fidelity. I don't know if this is the best tape, but it's out there.

-- Larry Huppert (, November 06, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ