Missing rubber ring on Gitzo tripod

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

I have just bought a second hand Gitzo Studex Mk1 which is missing one of the rubber grips on the rings that lock the legs. Can one buy replacements and if so where? Thanks Simon

-- Simon Rodan (simon.rodan@insead.fr), October 16, 2000


A piece of garden hose would probably do the job (the cheap stuff, not the nylon reinforced type). Heat it up to stretch it.

-- Pete Andrews (p.l.andrews@bham.ac.uk), October 17, 2000.

call bogen @ 212.695.8166 the parts dept. will sell you a new set for a couple dollars

-- adam friedberg (asfberg@hotmail.com), October 17, 2000.

i just noticed your email address. if you're in europe call gitzo directly

-- adam friedberg (asfberg@hotmail.com), October 17, 2000.

Thank you both for your replies. Much appreciated.

-- Simon Rodan (simon.rodan@insead.fr), October 18, 2000.

gitzo's at least in the US. have life time warranties, so they may fix it for free. If not try some gaffer's tape, it's great stuff.


-- doug (dmcgoldrick@usa.net), October 18, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ