Cataloging tile installationsgreenspun.com : LUSENET : Art Deco Society of Washington : One Thread
I am cataloging publicly-accessible historic and contemporary installations of tile, terracotta, and other architectural ceramics. I hope to publish this information so that clay enthusiasts may view these works when they are in the area for the Tile Heritage Foundation's symposium, which will be held in Washington, DC in October 2001.
I am considering installations as far north as Baltimore and as far south as Richmond. If you know of any ceramic installations in this area that are open to the public, I would greatly aprreciate it if you could provide me with the following information:
- What is it? For instance, a tile fountain, mural, or mosaic. A two or three sentence description would be great.
- Where is it? Specific address and basic directions to get there.
- When is it available? Hours open for public viewing.
- Who did it? Name of artist or company, if known.
- How old is it? Date of creation, if known.
-- Gaye Lindsey (firstname.lastname@example.org), September 10, 2000