Trash / Recycle info & Pick Up Daysgreenspun.com : LUSENET : Pheasant Walk : One Thread
Trash is picked up on Tuesdays and Fridays
Organic / Lawn / Yard cuttings on Tuesday
Recyclables on Friday
Please take the following to the SWA recycling center just east of of Costco on Linton Blvd [turn right at the light after Costco and it's on the left before the park]. It is free and you will not poison our drinking water, by putting it in the landfill or having it incinerated.
- NiCad, Nickel Cadnium
- NiMHD, Nickel Metal Hydride
- Pb, Lead Acid and sealed LA [Pb]
- Lithium Ion and other Lithium types
- Flouresent Tubes -- These contain Mercury and will poison our drinking water!
- Used Motor Oil
- Paints (All) -- some paint will be used for the anti-graffiti program.
- Office / computer paper that can't be curbside recycled.
Have any questions please call the SWA @ 930-A.S.A.P. , they are nice folks.
You can also get free mulch at the recycling center.
What can't be recycled, just put in the trash.
- Soda pop boxes - the 24 packs
- Cardboard boxes that are not flattened - they won't be picked up
- Pizza Boxes - it's a cheesey thing :)
- Plastic bags (of any kind) holding stuff to be recycled, the whole bag is just thrown away at the centre.
- Steel Cans place these in the regular trash, a BIG 'ole magnet pulls these out at the dump.
- PVC stuff -- I wish that this was recycled as opposed to incinerated -- When PVC burns it make Dioxin. (will include the website on this)
- Ice Cream Cartons
- Motor oil containers, the oil ruins the plastic making process -- please take these to the oil drop center @ where you purchased your oil or @ Linton Blvd.
- more, when I learn them
-- (email@example.com), September 02, 2000
Also there is no special pickup just before a huricane. So please do not trim your trees just before the storm, you are better not having loose timber that will surely be flying around. This happened last year, and we were lucky that Floyd did not visit us so personally as expected.
So in short if the storm is coming on Saturday, the next Organic / Yard Pickup will be on the following Wednesday, not on Friday. If you must cut down the tree you will need to store the cuttings in your garage -- so it won't fly around and kill you or your neighbors.
It would be wise to arrange for the trimming of your trees now, before the big storm comes.
-- (firstname.lastname@example.org), September 03, 2000.