Gardening tips...greenspun.com : LUSENET : TB2K spinoff uncensored : One Thread
For homeowners, few things are more satisfying than a beautiful lawn and garden. Here are some tips to help you improve yours:
- Experiment with different nitrogen-based fertilizers to find the one with the best greening power and highest blast radius.
- Gang members will often pour malt liquor onto the ground in memory of their dead homies, resulting in soil damage. Shoo gang members away from your front yard.
- To preserve your place in the highly competitive suburban social hierarchy, make sure your lawn is always 1/8 of an inch shorter than your neighbor's.
- Do not plant magic beans within 25 feet of your home. Doing so will place it at risk of severe foundation damage.
- If your lawn doesn't look as green as it could, warn Manuel that you could fire him and hire another one just like him in a second.
- Mowing a pentagram into your lawn not only looks cool; it will also increase your dark powers.
- Gardening experts agree that talking to your plants is a great way to exhale carbon dioxide onto them.
- If you own a riding mower, do you have any idea how stupid you look on it?
- Under no circumstance should you allow a circus to set up in your backyard.
- Don't let "the fellas" see you growing a flower garden like a fairy sissy girl. Build an indoor greenhouse instead.
- Planting vegetables is a great money-saver. Over the course of a summer, you could shave $75 off your grocery bill with just a few hundred hours of work.
- If your family has been suffering a string of lawn-related injuries, consider installing natural grass.
- Gardening may take a lot of hard work and patience, but before you know it, you'll find a vegetable humorously shaped liked human genitals.
- Remember the movie The Lawnmower Man? Me, neither.
- Make a faustian bargain with shadowy garden gnomes in which you exchange your soul for some really good gardenias.
-- Uncle Bob (firstname.lastname@example.org), August 23, 2000
Oh, that's it Unc Bob. For years I have defended you, stood up for you, laughed at your jokes, done you laundry, mowed your lawn, ran you errands, buffed your shoes, ran your business, dated your duaghter, etc. yada, yada, yada, so on and so on, and over ad nausem and all that jazz, and how do you thank me. Well I quit. You better sleep with one eye open from now on buddy, because it's just you and me - mano a mano.
-- Manuel (email@example.com), August 23, 2000.
>Gang members will often pour malt liquor onto the ground in memory of their dead homies, resulting in soil damage. Shoo gang members away from your front yard.
I'm laughing so hard that the neighbor's cat, in addition to mine, has just come over to see what's going on. I live in a neighborhood where the Secret Grass Police do rounds on a regular basis, and one evening I returned from work just in time to hear a SGP member scolding this woman who regularly lets her three goldens relieve themselves on my new serviceberry shrubs. To get back at the SGP, the woman pored her can of Pepsi all over the SGP's prize fairy rose bush.
I'm sure that the above description will sound quite trivial, but it's cause for war in some suburbs.
-- (firstname.lastname@example.org), August 24, 2000.