What is a Helical Mount?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

Looking at buying a new wide angel lens and I keep comming across the term Helical Mount. Does this mean that it threads directly into the board?

-- John Schadl (jschadl@cpinternet.com), August 08, 2000


Nope. It means that the lens is mounted in a mount that focuses like a traditional 35mm SLR or rangefinder lens. Specifically, you turn a ring on the mount and the lens moves in and out to focus. If you like, I can email you a picture of one.

-- sheldon hambrick (sheldon_hambrick@hotmail.com), August 08, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ