How do you pamper yourself?greenspun.com : LUSENET : annarchy : One Thread
What do you do when you want to spoil yourself genuinely? Do you eat or drink anything special? Do you go out for a run? When you want to take care of yourself, what do you do?
-- Anna (firstname.lastname@example.org), July 27, 2000
Rules for pampering yourself. Version 1.0 ((Ever since I started version 3.0 of my site I'm all about versions. Don't ask.))
1. You get to eat whatever you want. When you need to feel better about yourself or about life or anything, all calories are suspended as they're going to be burned off by worry or stress or whatever anyway. So you can eat that entire tiramisu and it's not going to matter. Honest.
2. Anything that you want that you have the available funds to get, you're allowed to get. If you don't have the cash to get it, it's totally acceptable to beg someone else to get it for you because "you looooooove me!"
3. You don't need to read anything intellectual. I know that curling up with a book and some tea is pampering, but you're not going to get through Anna Karenina. Go buy some trashy magazines and giggle at the rag sheets of the royals and all that.
4. If you happen to have bubble bath, it's even better if you have your book and tea in a bubble bath. Honest. I don't know why, but it really is. Especially if it's the aromatherapy kind of bubble bath. We're all about that stuff.
Erm...That's it for the moment, I think. Oh, right. For other bath- related stuff, go to here for recipes and the like for bubble baths or whatever. Teehee. Have fun, babe!
-- Meghan (email@example.com), July 27, 2000.
* Take a long hot bath, with lots of bubbles
* Eat M&S veggie chinese take-away. Sans gluten, how's that?
* Buy a teddybear. Or a bunch of beanie babies. Or half the contents of a Benetton-store. Just shop till you drop! Good excercise too ;-)
* Sleep. Even if it's the middle of the afternoon or whatever: sleep.
* Watch cartoons from your childhood. Old Carebears and Jem videos always cheer me up.
* Play with your dog / cat / imaginary pink elephant.
* Don't rush. Take it easy. We spend too great a part of our lives running as it is.
There ya go :)
-- emmeke (firstname.lastname@example.org), July 28, 2000.
hmmm.... i spoil myself by buying myself lots of stuff from the goth shop or the music store or the bath and body works. :)
go out and get hideously drunk and dance your head off at your favorite club...
make a long distance phone call to a friend, (but only if you can afford it)
blast your favorite music at top volume, make cookie dough and just sit and enjoy. or watch your favorie videos.
im pretty boring when it comes to these things but, ahh well! :)
love from me
-- chlorine (email@example.com), July 28, 2000.
Spend all my time, money, and nergy on myself . .. instead of what I'm *supposed* to waste it on. Because I deserve it. ;)
-- Judy. (GingaXXX@yahoo.com), July 31, 2000.
An evening by myself, a bottle of wine, a long hot bath with scented bubbles, a pedicure (paint my toenails some delicious colour like deep purple or gun metal grey), a good movie on the tv and no housework or laundry. That last one is absolutely mandatory or nothing else counts as pampering!
-- Sasha (firstname.lastname@example.org), July 31, 2000.
-- DripsAllOver (Im@pervert.dontmind), August 01, 2000.