Wanting to know the name or term used for the ends of the loaf

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Bread.com FAQ : One Thread

This may be a stupid question, but my wife and I are having a debate about what the name of the ends of the loaf is? I say they are called "heels", she says they are know as "ends". What is the proper name for them? Thanks, Daniel

-- Anonymous, June 27, 2000


I've heard both terms used equally in Louisville, Kentucky. I call them the best part!

-- Anonymous, July 09, 2000

Moderation questions? read the FAQ