Universal faucet handle?

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Travelite.FAQ Packing Guide : One Thread

In the US, faucet handles come in at least three types: Square stem Splined stem, 12 point Splined stem, 16 point

What type is that "universal" one for radiators in Europe? And what about the US vs metric thing?

Maybe it's something to obtain over there (after a cold night's sleep)?

-- (jfeiman@ecentral.com), June 18, 2000


OK folks, found something at the hardware store specifically for radiator valves. A plastic disk shaped handle with a small round metal insert having 4 different size square holes punched in it. It's not a water valve / hose bib faucet handle afterall. J.

-- (jfeiman@ecentral.com), July 11, 2000.

Would a small leatherman-type tool or adjustable wrench work?

-- (pfp3@yahoo.com), January 31, 2001.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ