"B" and "T" Shutter Settings

greenspun.com : LUSENET : Large format photography : One Thread

What is the "T" setting commonly used for and how does it differ from Bulb ("B")?

-- Mike Lee (leemike85@aol.com), June 13, 2000


With "T" you trip the shutter twice with the cable release. The first trip opens the shutter, the second trip closes the shutter. With a "B" setting, you open the shutter by pressing the cable release, and holding it in that position. Releasing the plunger closes the shutter. If your using "B", it is nice to use a cable release with a lock which keeps the plunger in the down position without having to hold it.

-- Larry Huppert (Larry.Huppert@mail.com), June 13, 2000.

If it helps you to recall, B is for "bulb" (like the airhose squeezebulb shutters once used) and T is for "time."

-- gl wurpen (gleepw@hotmail.com), June 18, 2000.

Moderation questions? read the FAQ