Questions from Raise the Red Lanterngreenspun.com : LUSENET : nonwesternlit : One Thread
1. What is the significance of the magical mice?
2. What does Su Tong mean when he says "Perhaps my father was a mute fetus"?
3. In the Opium family, Su Tong writes that within the Liu clan "women were just women". They were either carried in a man's pocket, meaning they were completely dependent upon men fro their mere existence, or they were hung around a man's neck as a showpiece of the male pride. Explain this concept.
4. Compare and contrast the three novels written by Su Tong.
5. After completing this Non Western Literature class, how would you compare the American culture with each of the cultures presented?
These were the questions that our study group came up with over the last book we read. Thanks Arelda, Sue, Paula and Mary
-- Anonymous, May 03, 2000