AU - Six Hospitalised After Gas Leak Exposure : LUSENET : Grassroots Information Coordination Center (GICC) : One Thread

[Fair use for education and research purpose only]

TITLE: Six Hospitalised After Sydney Gas Leak

Source: AAP | Published: Friday April 14, 2:21 PM

Six men were hospitalised today after being exposed to chlorine liquid gas at Matraville in Sydney's south.

A gas leak on Beauchamp Road, resulted in the men complaining of varying degrees of throat irritation and burning and breathing difficulties.

One man also suffered chemical burns to his chest and left arm.

It's believed the group were all in the same commercial premises at the time of the leak.

The men were treated with oxygen and ventolin before being transported to Prince of Wales Hospital.

All patients were in stable condition.


-- (, April 14, 2000

Moderation questions? read the FAQ